TOWN OF BROWNVILLE APRIL 3, 2019 7:00 PM
TOWN BOARD MEETING TOWN OFFICE, LIMERICK, N.Y.
PRESENT: Roll call of Board Members:
Supv. Richard D. Lane, Councilmen Kenneth Bates, Ronald Tepfenhart,
Albert Roberts, Supt. Roy Gilchrist, and Clerk June McCartin.
GUEST: Jeff Timerman
ABSENT: Richard Dodge
MINUTES: Motion from Councilman Bates to accept the March minutes as
received and Councilman Tepfenhart seconded the motion. Agreed.
STATEMENT: Councilman Tepfenhart motioned acceptance of the financial statement
for Feb., 2019 and Councilman Bates seconded the motion.
1. Received copy of dog control officer inspection report.
2. Brownville – Glen Park Library annual report for 2018 received.
3. FYI Upstate University Hospital will sponsor a van for easily
accessible breast cancer screening for those who might not
otherwise get screened. The van will serve eight counties.
4. Town of Brownville Fire District is making an effort to provide
a Knox Box for local businesses. A Knox Box is a small lock
box that goes on the outside of your building. It holds keys to
the business which allows a fireman access to a key to enter the
building for an emergency. The box may be purchased for
1. Planning Board Minutes not available (no meeting)
2. Ron’s monthly land use reports
3. Copy of transfer site tonnage of refuse and recyclables
4. Monthly dog report from Amy Funk not available
1. Received update on WD#2 with easement underway and
progressing toward construction bidding.
HIGHWAY SUPT: Supt. Roy Gilchrist reports Crew is busy with tree work and
replacing road signs. They are also removing plow
equipment, getting ready for summer work.
CLERK: Clerk report given for March 2019. Councilman Bates
motioned acceptance of the reports and Councilman Roberts
seconded the motion. Agreed.
1. Received update regarding the Glen Park Hydro tax assessment
reduction request and appraisal. No solution has been reached.
FLOOR: No comments
HIGHWAY BILLS: Board Members reviewed the payables. Councilman Bates
motioned to pay the General Bills ($71,737.05), the Highway
bills ($26,627.94) and the water bills ($1,186.33. Councilman
Tepfenhart seconded the motion. Agreed.
ADJOURNMENT: Councilman Bates motioned to adjourn at 7:13 PM and
Councilman Roberts seconded the motion. The next town board
meeting has been scheduled for 7:00 PM on May 1, 2019.