TOWN OF BROWNVILLE AUGUST 7, 2019 7:00 PM
TOWN BOARD MEETING TOWN OFFICE, LIMERICK, N.Y.
PRESENT: Roll call of Board Members:
Supv. Richard D. Lane, Kenneth Bates, Ronald Tepfenhart, Richard
Dodge, Albert Roberts, Supt. Roy Gilchrist, Kim Raymond
ABSENT: No one
GUEST: Jeff Timerman
MINUTES: Motion from Councilman Roberts to accept the July minutes as
received. Councilman Dodge second the motion. Agreed.
STATEMENT: Councilman Dodge motioned to accept the financial statements for
July. Councilman Tepfenhart second the motion. Agreed.
COURTESY OF: None
Outgoing. Received update from Christine Thurston, Town Assessor on
status of Cube Hydro litigation.
- Received resignation from William Beyette with position of Constable/Bailiff. Councilman Tepfenhart motioned to accept resignation. Councilman Dodge second the motion. Agreed.
- Volunteer Transportation Report
- Received letter from NYS Department Transportation regarding reducing speed limits on Cty. Rte.59 and Cty. Rte. 54. The investigations show that reduction of speed is not warranted at this time.
- Updated list of officers for the Town of Brownville Fire District
REPORTS: 1. Received monthly report by Ron McGregor, Code Enforcer
- Copy of tonnage for transfer site
- Copy of Jefferson County Recycling report
BUSINESS: 1. BCA Architects and Engineers sent update letter on WD #2. Still
waiting for 33 easement letters to be signed and returned.
NEW BUSINESS: Councilman Roberts agreed to reappoint Christine Thurston, Town
Assessor to new term of October 1, 2019 to September 30, 2025.
Councilman Tepfenhart second the motion. Agreed.
SUPT.: Supt. Roy Gilchrist stated shoulders on Reasoner are complete.
Paving complete at Transfer site. Reeds Bay
replaced stone and pipe. Repaired several signs. Paving for the
County and Villages.
CLERK: Councilman Bates motioned to accept the monthly clerk report
as provided and Councilman Tepfenhart second the motion. Agreed.
COUNCILMEN: No Comments
SUPERVISOR: Councilman Tepfenhart motioned to approve Kathy Quencer
Going to Lake Placid for classes. Councilman Dodge second
the motion. Agreed.
HIGHWAY BILLS: Councilman Bates motioned to pay the audited general bills
($35,940.99) and the audited highway bills ($83,324.25) and
the water district bill ($432.23). Board members reviewed
and signed the vouchers. Councilman Tepfenhart second the
ADJOURNMENT: Councilman Bates motioned to adjourn at 7:18 PM and
Councilman Roberts second the motion. The next town board
meeting has been scheduled for 7:00 PM on September 4, 2019.
Kimberly S. Raymond