TOWN OF BROWNVILLE NOV. 6, 2019 7:00 PM
TOWN BOARD MEETING TOWN OFFICE, LIMERICK, N.Y.
PRESENT: Roll call of Board Members:
Supv. Richard D. Lane, Councilmen Kenneth Bates, Ron Tepfenhart,
Richard Dodge, Albert Roberts, Supt. Roy Gilchrist, and Clerk June
GUEST: Jeff Timerman
ABSENT: No one
MINUTES: Motion from Councilman Dodge to accept the Oct. minutes as
received and Councilman Roberts seconded the motion. Agreed.
STATEMENT: Motion from Councilman Dodge to accept the Sept. and Oct. financial
statement as received and a second from Councilman Tepfenhart.
- 2020 Budget 7:00 PM
At 7:02 PM Town Clerk read legal notice to open hearing for
comment on the preliminary budget for 2020. No comments for or
against the preliminary budget were received. The hearing closed at
- Received notice from Jefferson County Recycling & waste
Management with notice of increase in fee for container pickup
fee to fifty ($50.00) beginning Jan 1, 2020.
- Received request to consider joining city and county leaders
across the country in officially recognizing Jan 29 to Feb 1,
2020 as School Choice Week in Brownville. Board voted to
table the decision to inquire further.
- Letter from BCA with update on Water District #2
- Received proposal to hire deputy dog control officer Betsy Ring
to assist Amy Funk. Proposal is on file in Clerks Office.
- Received letter from Jefferson County Highways noting the
closure of Brown Road in the Village of Brownville until further
- Received update for the Glen Park Hydro/Town of Brownville
Assessment Issue. No settlement has been reached at this time.
- Letters were sent to Assemblyman Walczek, Congresswoman
Elise Stefanik and Senator Patricia Ritchie in support of the
Village of Dexter requesting possible funding on two
projects. A water connection project and sidewalk from the
Village line to Grant Street along Cemetery Road.
- Letters were sent to Water District #2 property owners
requesting signed easements.
- Planning Board Minutes received.
- Ron’s monthly land use reports
- Copy of transfer site tonnage of refuse and recyclables
- Monthly dog report.
HIGHWAY SUPT. Supt. Roy Gilchrist reports plows are on trucks. Finished road
work on Middle Road and CR 59. Roy request to update pickup.
Councilman Roberts motioned to obtain quotes for December
meeting and Councilman Dodge seconded the motion. Agreed.
CLERK: Clerk report given for Oct. 2019. Councilman Bates
motioned acceptance of the reports and Councilman Tepfenhart
seconded the motion. Agreed.
- Councilman Bates motioned for a public hearing to be held at 7:00
PM on Dec. 4, 2019 for contracting with the Brownville/Glen
Park Library and the Dexter Library for services for the year 2020.
Councilman Tepfenhart seconded the motion. Agreed.
- Councilman Tepfenhart motioned to adopt the preliminary budget
for 2020 and Councilman Dodge seconded the motion with all
- Councilman Dodge motion to change Town Board Meeting to be
held beginning 5:00 PM the first Wednesday of each month
starting Jan. 2020. Due to the New Years holiday the first
meeting will be Jan. 8, 2020 at 5PM. Councilman Roberts
seconded the motion. Agreed.
FLOOR: No comments
HIGHWAY BILLS: Board Members reviewed the payables. Councilman Bates
motioned to pay the General Bills ($31,254.15), the Highway
bills ($85,845.47) and the water bills ($21,034.83). Councilman
Dodge seconded the motion. Agreed.
ADJOURNMENT: Councilman Tepfenhart motioned to adjourn at 7:26 PM and
Councilman Bates seconded the motion. The next town board
meeting has been scheduled for 7:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2019.