ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING 2020
The Board Members reviewed and amended the 2020 appointments, salaries,
depositories, official newspaper, etc. All agreed for the following:
- Rename June McCartin registrar of vital records, town historian and records
management officer. Rename Kim Raymond deputy clerk, deputy registrar and
deputy records management officer at $25,200 annually.
- Appoint Mark Kellar at $3,250.00 annually which includes constable,
- Polling places shall be #1 and #2 Brownville Fire Hall, #3 and #4 Dexter Municipal Building and #5 Pillar Point Fire Station.
- The regular meeting of the town board shall be the first Wednesday of each
month unless otherwise designated. Meeting to be held at 16431 Star School House Road, Dexter, New York at 5:00 PM.
- The Watertown Daily Times shall be the official newspaper.
- Community Bank of Watertown shall be the official depositories and Website is the Town of Brownville.com.
- The Town Supervisor shall be named the official investing officer and budget
officer for the Town of Brownville, effective 1-1-2020. . The Supervisor shall
receive a salary of $25,000 . Town Board has reviewed and adopted an
investment policy as well as the procurement policy, both of which are on file.
- Senior Board Member Kenneth Bates will serve as Deputy Supervisor and be
authorized to sign checks or documents in the event the Supervisor is not
available or is disabled.
- Bowers & Company CPS PLLC will maintain accounting records and payroll at
$1500.00 per month.
- Reappoint sole assessor Christine Thurston at $29,500 annually for 2020 plus
mileage at $.54.5 per mile, term to begin on 10/01/2019 thru 09/30/2025 .
- Reappoint Ronald McGregor as Town of Brownville Code Enforcement Officer
at $11,450 annually plus $.54.5 mileage.
- The rate of highway pay will be $23.40 per hour full time, $18.00 per hour for
probation period of six month and part time and seasonal highway help. 12 paid
holidays per year, 12 personal/sick days per year, accumulative to 720 hours, 40
hours paid vacation after one (1) year, 80 hours after five (5) years, and 120 hours
after ten (10) years, 160 hours after twenty five (25) years.
- The Board of Assessment Review shall be chairman Sherman Tucker at $250.00
annually; Ralph W. Skinner II at $100.00 annually; Kimberly Raymond at $100.00 annually; Richard Stevenson at $100.00 annually and Michael Battista at $100.00 annually. The terms of office shall be:
Michael Battista term to expire 9/30/2022
Kimberly Raymond term to expire 9/30/2023
Richard Stevenson term to expire 9/30/2024
Ralph W. Skinner II term to expire 9/30/2020
Sherman Tucker term to expire 9/30/2021
- The rate of pay for the Planning Board members shall be $25.00 per meeting and
$50.00 per meeting for the Chairman. The secretary shall receive fifty ($50.00) per month. In the event no monthly meeting is held, the chairman shall be reimbursed $50.00 per month for his duties as chairman. The term of office shall be:
Gary Beasley term to expire 12/31/2024
Norman Peckham term to expire 12/31/2025
Jeffrey Timerman term to expire 12/31/2026
Mark Kellar term to expire 12/31/2020
Timothy Cerow term to expire 12/31/2021
Michael Parks term to expire 12/31/2022
Ronald McGregor term to expire 12/31/2023
- Zoning Board of Appeals Members shall receive $25.00 per meeting and $50.00
per meeting for the Chairman. ZBA members and terms of office are:
Tana Caprara term to expire 7/31/2021
Michael Devine term to expire 7/31/2023
Thomas Sullivan term to expire 7/31/2024
Robert Zehr term to expire 7/31/2020
Michael Finucane term to expire 7/31/2022
- Attendants at the transfer site shall be paid $15.90 per hour, time and a half to
be paid for any time over 40 hours per week. Hours of operation shall be Wed.
2pm to 7pm and Sat. 8am to 3pm.
- Cemetery laborers shall be paid $15.90 per hour, with time and a half for any
hours over 40 hours per week. Secretary for the cemeteries shall receive fifty
($50.00) dollars per month
- Reappoint Dr. Frank Giaquinto as Town Health Officer at an annual salary of
$500.00 per year with four year term to expire 12/31/2023.
- Appoint Richard M. Parker Court Clerk at $10,250 annually with term 1-1-20
to 12-31-20. Cindy Parker, Court Recorder will receive $2,860.00 annually.
- The Town Highway Supt. is authorized to share Highway Equipment with other
Towns and Villages.
- Adopt a resolution “Be it resolved that the Town Board does hereby fix the
salaries of the following officers beginning 1/1/20 at the amounts respectfully
Supervisor Richard D. Lane $25,000
Councilman Kenneth Bates $ 3,600
Councilman Albert Roberts $ 3,600
Councilman Ronald Tepfenhart $ 3,600
Councilman Richard Dodge $ 3,600
Justice Justin Brotherton $13,150
Justice Kathy Quencer $14,025
Supt. Roy Gilchrist $54,000
Clerk June McCartin $32,300
Tax Collector Brenda McConnell $ 8,500
Councilman Tepfenhart motioned acceptance of the organizational minutes and Councilman Roberts seconded the motion. Approved on Jan. 8, 2020.