TOWN OF BROWNVILLE TOWN OFFICE, LIMERICK, N.Y.
TOWN BOARD OCTOBER 5, 2022 5:00 PM
PRESENT: Roll call of Board Members:
Supv. Richard D. Lane, Councilmen Ron Tepfenhart, Richard Dodge, Jeff
Timerman, William Pickett, Supt. Roy Gilchrist and Clerk June McCartin
ABSENT: No One
MINUTES: Motion from Councilman Dodge to accept the Sept. minutes as
received and Councilman Timerman seconded the motion. Agreed.
PUBLIC HEARINGS: Local Law #1 of 2022 Moratorium on towers
At 5:05 PM the legal notice was read to open the hearing for comment on
Local Law #1 of 2022. No one spoke for or against the proposed law.
The hearing closed at 5:07 PM.
Incoming: 1. Sept.14 letter from Town of Clayton asking for support for
legislation for collection of occupancy tax from short-term
rental properties. No action from this Board.
- Letter from Village of Brownville Supt. Bill Pickett with
Thank You for helping in times of need.
- Letter from Volunteer Transportation Center, Inc. asking the
Town of Brownville for a contribution of $1440 in 2023.
Outgoing: 1. Letter to Village of Brownville asking them to post “no
parking” signs at the intersection of CR 54 and Rte 12E to
ease the flow of traffic.
- Letter to Jefferson County Highway Dept. requesting “no
fishing off bridge” signs posted on both sides of the Perch
River Bridge on CR59.
- Planning Board Minutes NA
- Ron’s monthly land use reports
- Copy of transfer site tonnage of refuse and recyclables
- Monthly dog report not available
- Constables report not available
- Received update on Water District #2
- Councilman Tepfenhart motioned adoption of Local Law #1 of 2022 to establish a moratorium for use of towers and Councilman Dodge seconded the motion.
Roll Call: Denny, yes; Ron Tepfenhart, yes; Richard Dodge, yes; Jeff Timerman, yes; and Bill Pickett, yes. Local Law #1 of 2022 adopted.
- Local Law #2 of 2022 were reviewed and public hearing scheduled for 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2022. Local Low #2 will amend the zoning laws that may be inadequate and addressing zoning issues within the Town of Brownville.
Crew working on shoulders on Weaver and Middle Road as well as
ditching. Also crew has been working with paving for the Villages.
CLERK: Councilman Timerman motioned to accept the Sept. clerk
report and Councilman Tepfenhart seconded the motion. Agreed.
Councilman Tepfenhart motioned for a public hearing on the proposed
2023 budget for 5:10 PM Nov. 2, 2022 and Councilman Timerman
seconded the motion with all agreeing.
HIGHWAY BILLS: Board Members reviewed the payables. Councilman Tepfenhart
motioned to pay the General Bills ($28,388.70), the Highway
bills ($36,833.30) and the water bills ($145.89). Councilman
Pickettt seconded the motion. Agreed.
ADJOURNMENT: Councilman Timerman motioned to adjourn at 5:19 PM and
Councilman Tepfenhart seconded the motion. The next town board
meeting has been scheduled for 5:00 PM on Nov. 2, 2022.
June McCartin, Clerk