Assessor, Christine Thurston
The Town of Brownville Assessment Department consists of one experienced Assessor to assist residents with questions or concerns regarding their property assessment.
- Placement of an equitable value on each parcel
- Review of Senior Citizens, Veterans, Business and all other exemption applications
- Note: All exemption applications and renewal forms must be received by the Assessment Department on or before March 1, each year.
- Maintenance of accurate property inventories
- Coordination of Grievance Day, which is the fourth Tuesday in May, each year.
- Note: Applications for Assessment Grievance may be obtained at the Assessor's office (315) 639-3037, or at the following NY state website:
Contact the Assessor
Phone: (315) 639-3037
Hours: Monday 11-2, Tuesday 11-2, Wednesday 11-5